Someone asked me why I loved you,
I stared at the sky half an hour,
And told him of your mastery,
the crafty use of pun,
the similes that accompanied your smiles,
The way you fanned the flaming heart of a black boy causing him to blush blue.
Your alluring use of alliteration
The way you made small seem so big
And the way you'd make us hug the rain
Count the stars
And watch the moon go back into the clouds
How you'd always say “I'm all right”
just so you don't make someone's day go “all left” with your tragic honesty.
I told him of your personality,
That'd always personify the sun,
And tell me I teach the sun to shine,
And the moon to glow,
Even when I seem so low.
But all I have now are memories,
I don't love you anymore,
You weren't afraid to give your absence.
Now I know, love is a glass waiting to break.

Nice poem
ReplyDelete